RPR Ltd has expanded its Kestrel Ballistics product line-up to serve the needs of all long-range shooters by introducing the Kestrel 2700 Ballistics Weather Meter.
Press Release, October 2019: The Kestrel 2700 Ballistics Weather Meter (£219.95 inc VAT) sets the standard for long-range accuracy, reliability, and affordability. Combining onsite wind and weather measurements with an accurate ballistics solver – the K2700 delivers precise firing solutions for dead-on aim at long-distance targets. From competitive target shooters to the lifelong outdoorsmen, the Kestrel 2700 eliminates the guesswork allowing you to be confident in a clean accurate shot on the first-round.
- Accurate Environmentals – Measures wind speed and direction, temperature, and altitude
- G1/G7 Ballistics Solver – Large library of independently tested bullet data
- User-Friendly – Simple 3 button operation and Easy Mode step-by-step guidance on getting started
- Rugged, All-Weather Durability – IP-67 Waterproof, MIL-STD-810 drop-tested, and backed by 5-Year Warranty
- Protective Slip-On Cover – Slides over the entire unit for added durability
- Load & Go Convenience – Set up in the gun profiles via the app, then leave your phone behind — the 2700 is fully functional as a stand-alone field tool
- App Supported Option with LiNK – Easily build, store, and transfer gun and bullet data to and from unit
Whatever your passion in shooting sports – hunting, recreational, or competition – there’s a confidence- inspiring product to fit your needs and goals in long-range shooting. The newest offering makes it easier than ever for shooters of any experience level to immediately improve shot placement under any conditions and quickly get on target.
In The Field
JOINT-FORCES.com slipped a Kestrel 2700 Ballistics Weather Meter into the top front compartment of the Highlander 28L Recon Pack we used as an airline carry-on daysack and camera/laptop on a recent short trip to the Mediterranean, in between covering RAPID TRIDENT 2019 and DEFENCE VEHICLES EXPERIENCE 2019, to check out the new unit out for ease-of-use and functionality.
As mentioned when we covered the more comprehensive, and consequently much more expensive Kestrel 5700 Elite model in July, I am not a regular shooter so I am by no means an expert in military sniping, target shooting or hunting with rifles. Even so, I had no difficulty whatsoever downloading the App to a smartphone and setting up the Kestrel 2700 as if I was going to be bagging a deer or two for the pot; indeed there were actually plenty of wild deer on the part of the Costa Tropical coastline we were exploring, but even if I had been carrying a suitable rifle Bambi would have been safe as we were in a wildlife conservation area.
If you are a serious shooter looking for a reasonably priced weather meter to accurately measure wind speed, wind direction, temperature and pressure check out the Kestrel 2700 page on the Richard Paul Russell (RPR Ltd) website. If using the code JFORCE1 at checkout, readers of this website can claim a 7.5% discount on this model for the foreseeable future.
[images © Bob Morrison]
The K2700 comes with Load and Go instruction booklet plus a comprehensive manual can be downloaded to your smartphone [©BM]
Download the App to your phone and connect by Bluetooth to your K2700 – weather meter runs off a single CR2032 battery [©BM]