The multinational Exercise MAPLE RESOLVE 19 ran from 6th to 25th May at the 3rd Canadian Division Support Base Det in Wainwright, Alberta.
As the premier Canadian Army training event of the year, Exercise MAPLE RESOLVE 19 was a proving ground for soldiers in the contemporary operating environment.
During the exercise, approximately 5500 soldiers tested their ability to integrate with Allies, Non-Governmental Organisations, and Host Nation Forces as they honed their skills within a realistic, complex and challenging environment. The exercise, designed and developed by the Canadian Manoeuvre Training Centre, provided Canadian Army soldiers, leaders, and other CAF personnel a unique opportunity to enhance their combat readiness.
- Canadian Army soldiers serving with 1 CMBG based in Edmonton, Alberta and Shilo, Manitoba trained with elements of the Royal Canadian Air Force, the British Army, the French Army, the US Army, US National Guard, US Army Reserve, and the US Marine Corps.
- Allied participation involved over 900 soldiers from the US Armed Forces, approximately 150 soldiers from the British Army, and 40 soldiers from the French Army.
- Participating personnel used a wide variety of tactics, weapons, simulation technology, armoured fighting vehicles, and aircraft in order to hone their skills within a realistic, evolving and challenging operating environment.
- The logistics footprint of the exercise was extensive; vehicles and equipment used on this exercise were transported by truck and rail in the most economical way possible from a variety of locations.
- Ex MR 18 set the stage for soldiers to sharpen their skills within a realistic, complex and challenging operating environment; the training audience responded to conventional and asymmetric threats in a joint, integrated and multinational environment.
- Ex MR 18 enabled elements of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) and their allies to work together in the most realistic setting, short of an actual deployment.
- CMTC’s mission was to design and deliver full-spectrum, immersive, joint and collective training events for the Canadian Armed Forces in a complex Contemporary Operating Environment in order to certify High-Readiness forces. In conjunction with the Royal Canadian Air Force, CMTC is a focal point in the Air Land Integration of the CAF. While major exercises are conducted within the Wainwright training area, support to exercises and training is exportable to any location, and CMTC frequently deploys in support of exercises around Canada and the world.
[ Source: Canadian Ministry of National Defence ]
[ images © DND-MDN Canada ]