The US Army trained with other NATO Allies and partners on exercise SABER JUNCTION 2023 in the rolling hills of southern Germany.
Exercise SABER JUNCTION 2023 tested the US Army’s 2nd Cavalry Regiment’s ability to work with other Allied countries in the rolling hills of southern Germany.
The US Army’s 2nd Cavalry Regiment (2CR) tested its resilience during exercise SABER JUNCTION 2023, a training drill designed to hone the skills of a Germany-based infantry unit. More than 4,000 troops from 14 Allied and partner countries gathered at Hohenfels Training Area in southern Germany for the US-led exercise, which ran from 6 to 16 September 2023. During SABER JUNCTION, 2CR operated under the command of the Polish Army’s 11th Armoured Division, giving them crucial experience through the execution of orders passed down by an Allied headquarters. Based in Vilseck, Germany, 2CR is trained to rapidly respond to crises in Europe that might threaten NATO’s security.
The countries that participated in SABER JUNCTION 2023 were: Albania, Armenia, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, France, Georgia, Italy, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Poland, the United Kingdom and the United States.
This NATO Multimedia footage, shot at Hohenfels on 15 September, includes shots of Bulgarian, French and US troops taking part in the exercise, as well as an interview with a US Army Major.
- 00:00 ~ Soldiers from US Army’s 2nd Cavalry Regiment moving out
- 00:10 ~ US Army soldiers waiting to board helicopters
- 00:26 ~ US Army soldiers boarding helicopters
- 00:30 ~ US Army soldiers boarding helicopters
- 00:51 ~ Soldiers boarding helicopters
- 00:56 ~ Helicopters taking off
- 01:09 ~ Helicopters taking off
- 01:17 ~ US Soldiers in simulated firefight
- 01:53 ~ French tricolour badge on French Army soldier
- 01:57 ~ French soldier observing through binoculars and shouting orders
- 02:06 ~ French solider in turret of Panhard light armoured vehicle
- 02:11 ~ French soldiers find target and fire with MMP anti-tank missile launcher guidance module during exercise scenario
- 02:17 ~ French soldiers on the move
- 02:32 ~ French Panhard vehicles on the move
- 02:38 ~ Bulgarian soldiers moving through forest during simulated battle
- 02:57 ~ Soundbite: US Army Major Eric Hurtado, Exercise Control Chief, Joint Multinational Readiness Centre
- 03:16 ~ Soundbite: US Army Major Eric Hurtado
- 03:30 ~ Soundbite: US Army Major Eric Hurtado
- 03:51 ~ Soundbite: US Army Major Eric Hurtado