Rafael will be participating in the 2021 Dubai Air Show marking their first large-scale presence in a global defence exposition within the UAE.
Press Release, Tel Aviv, 01 November 2021: Rafael Advanced Defense Systems will be participating in the 2021 Dubai Air Show (November 14-18) marking the company’s first large-scale presence in a global defence exposition within the United Arab Emirates.
Throughout the week, Rafael will showcase some of its most advanced operational and combat-proven aerial defence solutions which are supported and enhanced by the use of Artificial Intelligence. The focus on and the importance of the regional partnership for Rafael in the United Arab Emirates is well illustrated by the Joint Venture established with G42, a leading technology company based in Abu Dhabi. Together the focus has been to synergise between artificial intelligence and big data, making Rafael a global playmaker in these fields.
Below you can find a detailed list of the systems that will be on display:~
AIR DEFENSE SYSTEMS
- MIC4AD: a unified command & control system optimizing resource management between defensive systems, offering swift target allocation for the most appropriate response and fire control. The system is currently deployed by some 28 air forces around the world.
- DRONE DOME: an end-to-end, combat-proven counter-Unmanned Aerial System (C-UAS) providing all-weather, 360-degree rapid defence against hostile drones. DRONE DOME detects even small targets at distances over 3.5 km, intercepts and neutralizes with soft and hard kill measures, while inflicting minimal damage to the surrounding environment yet maximum safety to friendly aircraft.
- SPYDER: a quick reaction, low level surface-to-air missile system designed to counter attacks by aircraft, helicopters, UAVs, and precision guided munitions. The system provides effective protection of valuable assets, as well as first-class defence for forces located in the combat area.
SATELLITE INTELLIGENCE & COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
- IMILITE: a cost-effective intelligence system that receives, processes, and exploits multiple standalone imagery, video, and other intelligence data in a centralized manner, and disseminates Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition and Reconnaissance (ISTAR) data to networked end-users and clients.
- BNET SDR: an advanced, tactical Broadband IP Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET) Software Defined Radio (SDR) providing reliable high-speed, low-delay connectivity for broadband data, voice, and video on-the-move for ground and airborne platforms, HQs, and dismounted soldiers. The modular, multi-band, multi-channel, net-centric system enables unprecedented data rates and user numbers, enabling all land, sea, and air units to participate in a single, seamless, scalable network.
- SPICE Family: an air-to-ground weapon system that attacks targets with pinpoint accuracy and at high attack volumes, without depending on GPS navigation and in GPS-denied environments.
- LITESAT: an electro-optical earth observation system functioning as a microsatellite to provide high-resolution, geospatial data.
- LITENING: the world’s most widely used targeting and navigation pod, LITENING is a single pod incorporating a wide array of sensors enabling target detection, recognition, identification, and electro-optical tracking of multiple stationary targets. It also provides auto-detection of multiple dynamic and aerial targets. LITENING is operational in over two dozen air forces worldwide.
- RECCELITE: an electro-optical, tactical reconnaissance pod which provides real-time imagery collection and data transfer. Self-contained and self-cooled, the multi-sensor system is composed of an airborne payload, a wide digital data link and a ground exploitation station. RECCELITE is combat proven and operational worldwide.