Elbit Systems Ltd. will participate in and showcase at the biennial IDEX military exhibition in Abu Dhabi from February 20-24th 2023.
Press Release, Haifa, 14 February 2023: Elbit Systems Ltd. will participate in the biennial IDEX military exhibition in Abu Dhabi from February 20-24th 2023, showcasing a wide range of cutting-edge systems and capabilities.
Bezhalel (Butzi) Machlis, President and CEO of Elbit Systems said: “We are honoured to participate in this leading defence exhibition which is marking its 30th edition. Elbit Systems is well-known around the world for its innovative and revolutionary solutions. We see the growing regional cooperation as a fertile ecosystem for delving into strategic partnerships with our local partners across a wide range of areas.”
At it’s booth at IDEX 2023, Elbit Systems will present a range of cutting edge technological solutions that help address both current and emerging operational needs of armed forces. Throughout the exhibition, the Company and its subsidiary Elbit Systems Emirates (ESE) will have a significant presence to advance cooperation and the customisation of its solutions based on local market customers’ operational requirements. ESE is a key partner in sharing and transferring technology to local partners in order to promote domestic maintenance and technical support as well as job creation in the UAE.
Elbit Systems will present five main vectors of solutions by visual and interactive displays:-
Aerial and Ground Precise Guided Munitions:
- ROCKET & MISSILE SYSTEMS – Elbit designs develops and manufactures a wide range of guided artillery rocket and missile weapon systems for more than 50 years for customers worldwide. These systems include a portfolio highly accurate rockets, with ranges from the 35km Accular through the 150km EXTRA and up to the 300km Predator Hawk, along with Elbit’s Precise & Universal Launching System, PULS, capable of launching a range of rockets and missiles, as well as local and foreign made rockets. The RAMPAGE, long range (150km) supersonic air-to-ground precision strike missile, features high survivability, operational flexibility and enables salvo strikes against high value targets.
- WARHEADS – Elbit is the Israeli MoD’s centre of excellence for warheads and many Israeli defence companies utilise Elbit’s warheads in their solutions. Elbit can offer, at the end-user’s request a variety of warheads as an alternative to the proposed warheads and is capable of rapid development of new types of warheads tailored to their size, effectiveness and other characteristics to meet the exact end-user requirements.
- The Company offers state-of-the-art combat proven General Purpose Bombs, delivering advanced capabilities with configurations for 500, 100, and 2000-pound advanced warheads. The MPR Family bombs feature concentrated blast and controlled fragmentation for high kill probability with minimal collateral damage against a wide range of ground targets in open terrain.
Unmanned Aerial Systems – UAS:
- Elbit Systems offers a comprehensive range of UAS, from the versatile tactical Skylark 3/Hybrid UAS and up to the best-in-class Hermes 900 Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) UAS.
- HERMES 900. Elbit System’s Hermes 900 UAS is equipped with a variety of high performance sensors, allowing it to detect ground or maritime targets, over a wide spectral range. The Hermes 900 provides over the horizon, persistent multi-payload capabilities. Procured by the IDF and over a dozen countries around the globe, it is based on the proven and mature building blocks of the Hermes family with the highest levels of airworthiness, safety & reliability.
- SkyStriker – Tactical Loitering Munition for covert and precise airstrikes. SkyStriker is a fully autonomous loitering munitions (LM) that can locate, acquire and strike operator designated targets with an up to 10 Kg warhead installed inside the fuselage, enabling high-precision performance. Its electric propulsion generates a low acoustic signature. As a silent, invisible, and surprise attacker, SkyStriker delivers the utmost in precision and reliability, providing a critical advantage on the modern battlefield.
Training and Simulation Systems:
- Elbit Systems offers a full spectrum of Training and Simulation Systems for air, ground and naval platforms that have been operationally fielded with leading armed forces worldwide for over 20 years. Linked together for interoperability, Elbit Systems’ training solutions simulate complex combat scenarios for which coordination between multiple teams is crucial for success. Our solutions range from individual soldier to full-scale joint forces LVC training systems, using advanced modelling, visualisation and networking capabilities.
- SkyBreaker – A networked multi-cockpit Mission oriented Training Center (MTC)
- The MTC provides realistic simulated battlefield training using all aircraft systems and mission scenarios to enhance all levels of pilot training. The SkyBreaker replaces actual training flight hours while providing better operational value for each training hour in the MTC.
- Our SkyBreaker facility houses a complex networked system designed to provide an entire squadron with the tools to practice modern air combat using SkyScen, a sophisticated Computer Generated Forces solution, in a fully integrated military setting. SkyBreaker is based on Elbit Systems’ open and modular architecture. Allowing connectivity to both operational and other training systems, it enables full-scale Distributed Mission Training solutions. SkyScen was developed based on the guidance of pilots with vast operational experience. It is capable of running thousands of entities, using the highest level of Artificial Intelligence (AI). SkyBreaker encompasses all stages of the mission including planning, rehearsal, training and debriefing.
Advanced EW & SIGINT Solutions:
Elbit Systems develops, manufactures, and supplies comprehensive solutions across the electromagnetic spectrum domain, including electronic warfare (EW), spectrum control, communications, and signal intelligence.
As a pioneer in the field, the Company is a primary source of EW suites for the Israel Air Force and for many other Air Forces around the world ‒ integrating Radar Warning Receivers (RWR), Laser Warning Systems (LWS), IR Missile Warning Systems (MWS), Electronic Countermeasures (ECM) and Multi-Spectral Flare and Chaff. Elbit’s EW systems are installed on over 30 types of fixed and rotary-wing aircraft of both Western and Eastern origin and deployed in numerous countries across five continents.
Our vertically integrated operations cover a wide range of technological expertise, including advanced transmitters, highly developed receivers, cutting-edge signal processors, innovative antennas, sophisticated software, and human-machine interface capabilities. Our microwave-based solutions have been activated for land, air and naval self-protection; strategic command and control; radar solutions; data and video links for unmanned platforms; search and rescue systems; as well as tactical intelligence, video and telemetry systems.
C4ISR & CYBER:
Meeting the challenges of networked warfare and battlefield digitisation requires adaptable, safe and secure frameworks that enhance combat effectiveness and support the full spectrum of multi-domain operations.
Elbit Systems’ field-proven Torch-X C4ISR solutions provide a sophisticated and advanced framework for a wide range of complex and large-scale applications. With seamless integration of sensors, effectors and communication systems, and full support for manned and unmanned autonomous platforms, the advanced systems offer enhanced cross-force coordination, strategic planning capabilities, comprehensive battle management, tactical operations, survivability and lethality.
Torch-X C4ISR solutions feature AI-based decision support tools to reduce cognitive load at all echelons, facilitating optimal decision-making and planning processes. The solutions are based on Elbit Systems’ E-CIX modular framework, an open architecture design that provides the development environment and can accommodate third party applications for future growth and requirements.
Compliant with major industry standards, Torch-X C4ISR solutions for multi-domain networked warfare provide secure communications and real-time connectivity for all levels of command and deployment, designed for land, air and maritime platforms.