For the first time, a NATO multinational eFP battlegroup has expanded from a battalion to brigade-sized formation during GRIFFIN SHOCK in Poland.
US demonstrates readiness to reinforce NATO battlegroup in Poland: For the first time, a NATO multinational battlegroup has expanded from a battalion to brigade-sized formation.
The reinforcements came from the US Army’s 2nd Cavalry Regiment (2CR), which conducted a multi-day road march to travel from Vilseck, Germany to NATO multinational battlegroup Poland’s home base in Bemowo Piskie. During exercise GRIFFIN SHOCK, they focused on providing what Lithuanian Colonel Darius Vaicikauskas, Chief of Staff of NATO’s Multinational Division North East, called the “deep fight”, using long-range artillery and attack helicopters to augment the battlegroup’s existing firepower.
Exercise GRIFFIN SHOCK marks an important milestone for NATO’s efforts to strengthen the defensive posture in the eastern part of the Alliance. During the 2022 Madrid Summit, Allies agreed to make forces available to reinforce the multinational battlegroups where and when needed. Exercise GRIFFIN SHOCK proves that significant combat power can be brought to bear quickly and effectively.
This newly released NATO Multimedia footage, captured mid-May, includes shots of the US Army’s 2nd Cavalry Regiment arriving at battlegroup Poland and carrying out exercise GRIFFIN SHOCK alongside UK and Croatian soldiers, as well as interviews with Lithuanian Army Colonel Darius Vaicikauskas, Chief of Staff of NATO Multinational Division North East, and a US Army Major.
- 00:00 ~ US Army Stryker infantry fighting vehicles arriving at Battlegroup Poland
- 00:30 ~ Strykers arriving at Battlegroup Poland
- 00:38 ~ US Army Bradley infantry fighting vehicles driving past
- 00:49 ~ 2CR soldiers preparing for live-fire drills
- 01:49 ~ 2CR Strykers getting ready and moving out
- 02:34 ~ Stryker moving through shrubbery and firing 30mm cannon
- 02:43 ~ 2CR soldiers engaging targets during live-fire exercise
- 02:55 ~ Soldiers lying down supporting fire with light machine guns
- 03:02 ~ Soldiers on the move during live-fire exercise
- 03:25 ~ Soldiers clearing trench
- 03:34 ~ Soldiers engaging targets during live-fire exercise
- 03:44 ~ Strykers moving up to firing line during exercise
- 03:54 ~ firing line
- 03:59 ~ Stryker firing 30mm cannon
- 04:03 ~ Stryker firing 30mm cannon
- 04:09 ~ Stryker firing 30mm cannon
- 04:15 ~ Stryker firing tow anti-tank missile
- 04:17 ~ Stryker firing tow anti-tank missile
- 04:21 ~ Soldiers leaving firing line following live-fire exercise
- 04:31 ~ AH-64 Apache attack helicopters moving around forward arming and refuelling point
- 04:50 ~ Apache performing low-pass fly by of troops
- 04:54 ~ Apache performing low-pass fly by of troops
- 05:03 ~ Croatian Army Panzerhaubitze 2000 mobile artillery performing live-fire exercise
- 05:28 ~ British Army soldiers talking to US Army solider
- 05:44 ~ British Army Jackal reconnaissance vehicle driving by
- 05:47 ~ British Army soldiers driving in Jackal and firing weapons
- 06:02 ~ US Army soldiers firing 120mm mortar from Stryker
- 06:14 ~ Soundbite – US Army Major Ryan Mannina, Operations Officer, 2nd Cavalry Regiment.
- 06:59 ~ Soundbite – Lithuanian Army Colonel Darius Vaicikauskas, Chief of Staff, NATO Multinational Division North East.
- 07:16 ~ Soundbite – Lithuanian Army Colonel Darius Vaicikauskas.
- 07:41 ~ Soundbite – Lithuanian Army Colonel Darius Vaicikauskas.