Launch of KAVRO DOMA 360 ballistic helmet at Milipol Paris ~ MKU is set to revolutionise standards for military, police and security forces worldwide.
Press Release, Paris, 15 November 2023: [embargoed until 11:30 CET] In an electrifying development within the global defence industry, MKU Limited has sent shockwaves across the world with the unveiling of the Kavro Doma 360 at Milipol Paris. With this game change in protective headgear, MKU is set to revolutionise safety standards for military personnel, law enforcement officers, and security forces worldwide.
The Kavro Doma 360, a first-of-its-kind rifle-rated ballistic helmet, has in a few hours generated a buzz that’s hard to ignore. It promises unparalleled protection against the formidable firepower of rifles, especially the AK-47. Let’s dive into what makes the Kavro Doma 360 a head-turner:
- The World’s First Uniform Rifle Protection Helmet: The helmet is leading the industry in uniformly protecting against threats like the AK-47 MSC, M80 NATO BALL, and M193 rifle bullets, proven by five rounds of bullets tested in five zones of the head (front, back, left, right, crown) without the need of add-on armour.
- The Only Bolt-less Rifle Protection Helmet to Date: It’s the first anti-rifle helmet in the world that does not have bolts or any metal parts. When a helmet is bolted, the risk of the bolt penetrating the skull on impact is higher due to weakened areas. Furthermore, there are no rifle-rated bolts at the moment. The Kavro Doma 360 has a bolt-less shell which means it provides 40% more protection area against even AK-47 assault rifles than standard helmets
- >20mm Back Face Signature (Blunt Impact Trauma): It’s the first time in the world that a rifle-rated helmet can maintain a resulting Back Face Signature / Trauma of less than 20 mm, against bullet impact from AK-47 bullets (7.62 x 39mm MSC at 710 +15m/s from 10 metres). The ‘Back Face Signature’ is a way to measure how much a protective helmet deforms or indents on the inside due to the impact of a high energy bullet. The Kavro Doma 360 absorbs impact, substantially reducing the risk of injury due to resulting trauma to the wearer’s head.
- Advanced Harness System with Dynamic Impact Technology: The helmet is precision-engineered to provide additional protection from not just straight impacts, but also rotational/angular impacts which are known to cause concussions or brain injuries. In addition, it comes with a top-to-chin (longitudinal) and side-to-side (lateral) harness adjustment functionality for highest stability and a snug fit.
- Weight starts at 1.45 kg: For HCH Small.
- Maximum Compatibility (with MACS): It allows seamless integration with all advanced head-mounted devices and combat-equipment such as night vision devices, communication devices, masks, mandible, torches and other head mounted gears and equipment etc.
Mr. Neeraj Gupta, Managing Director of MKU, says, “Our commitment to our heroes has been unwavering since we first got into soldier protection. The Doma 360 is the culmination of 5 years of relentless R&D and the uncompromising resolve to develop this for forces globally. All of us at MKU are filled with emotion, because we have finally been able to take it to the world.”
Thoughts from soldiers and police across the world on this helmet are unanimous; that it’s not merely an upgrade; it’s a transformative leap in protective headgear for high-risk scenarios, making almost all existing helmets obsolete. Its impact is poised to be felt far and wide, making it a standout development in the realm of defence equipment.