Rafael is to participate in EXPODEFENSA 2021 in Bogotá where some of the world’s most combat-proven systems will be on display.
Press Release, 28 November 2021: From November 29 – December 01, Rafael Advanced Defense Systems will participate in EXPODEFENSA 2021 in Bogotá, Colombia. During the exhibition, Rafael will present a range of cutting-edge, combat proven elements of its advanced aerial defence array, aircraft solutions, and communications technologies.
With an emphasis on assuring air-superiority Rafael’s showcase will include world-leading air-to-air and air-to-surface missile systems as well as reconnaissance and targeting pods like LITENING and RECCELITE which are among the several solutions already adopted by and successfully integrated onto operational platforms around the world. Throughout the week, Rafael will also display the following array of systems:-
- SPYDER Air Defense System is a family of air defence systems incorporating Rafael’s advanced Python-5 and I-Derby missiles to provide short, medium, and long-range protection.
- HELICOPTER ARMAMENT UPGRADE is an air-launched element of the SPIKE Missile Family that transforms helicopters into powerful force multipliers. This upgrade enables ultra-long stand-off ranges as well as enhanced lethality ‒ in a relatively lightweight package to extend mission endurance. Rafael is actively involved in upgrading the military services in the area which is clearly seen through the successful upgrade of the Colombian Arpia Helicopter.
- ADVANCED WEAPONS STATION, Rafael’s SAMSON family of high-performance remote-control weapon stations (RWS) have been adapted worldwide to a broad range of tracked and wheeled platforms and accommodate diverse weapons, turret and sensors for customers.
- BNET Software Defined Radio Family is a broadband IP-based software defined radio tactical communications suite with vehicular (BNET-V), man-pack (BNET-MP) and handheld (BNET-HH) variations, as well as aerial connectivity for aircraft (BNET-AR(. An industry leading comprehensive communications system, BNET ensures high-speed, low-delay, reliable connectivity for broadband data, voice, and video on the move in the VHF/UHF frequency bands. In October 2021, Rafael unveiled BNET Nano, a new variant small enough to fit within the palm of your hand.
- SKYSPOTTER Passive Early Warning Solution employs highly sensitive Medium Wavelength Infrared (MWIR) and Short Wavelength Infrared (SWIR) and VIS sensors to enhance overall aerial situational awareness and defence, with a high probability of detection and a very low false alarm rate.
- CYBER DOME, a multi-layered defence architecture designed for handling multi-classification information, operating with SCADA DOME, designed to protect Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems housing national and military infrastructures, are optimal solutions for critical infrastructure protection. Both systems are customisable to a customer’s individualised operational needs and challenges.