Israeli defence manufacturer Rafael is intending to exhibit at the IDEX and NAVDEX expos at the Abu Dhabi NEC in the UAE.
Press Release, Tel Aviv, 11 February 2021: Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd. of Israel, is proud to participate in the IDEX and NAVDEX 2021 Defence Exhibitions in Abu Dhabi, February 21st – February 25th, 2021.
Rafael President and CEO, Mr. Yoav Har-Even: “We are honoured and proud to participate in this defence exhibition, as we usher in a new era in the relations between our nations. Rafael is known in Israel and around the world for its excellence, innovation and an uncompromising vision to develop and manufacture the highest quality of technological solutions. We look forward to sharing this innovation and world-class, ground-breaking capabilities with our partners in Middle East and in the rest of the world.”
With a technological legacy of over 70 years, with a wide range of end-to-end, comprehensive, multi-purpose and multi-platform state-of-the-art defence systems for air, land, sea, cyber and space applications, Rafael is known worldwide for its cutting edge R&D and ground-breaking solutions, that have created dramatic changes in the battlefield.
In IDEX 2021, Rafael will present a variety of technological systems that address current and emerging cross-service operational needs, featuring high-end advanced Artificial Intelligence, Big Data analysis and data fusion, deep learning capabilities and cyber defence solutions. Rafael’s artificial intelligence expertise play a central role in the company’s autonomous battlefield capabilities that enable multi-system integration and net-centric operation, autonomous land navigation in GPS-denied environments, autonomous mission planning, and situational awareness, using highly-capable electro-optical sensor systems. An example of the merger of these capabilities can also be found in Rafael’s Next Generation Combat Vehicle Suite.
Rafael’s world-leading electro-optical technology can be found in ISR systems such as the Reccelite reconnaissance pods, which features unique AI capabilities and integrated to multiple platforms and supplied to numerous countries around the world. Such airborne systems are part of Rafael’s advanced aerial suite for net-centric warfare and connectivity.
Rafael is leader in air defence technology and systems, with combat-proven systems such as the SPYDER ADS in use in a number countries around the world and more. The company’s portfolio also includes communication systems such as the Bnet SDR unique, patented solution for aerial and land applications. For 20 years, Rafael has been emerging as a leading player in the Cyber realm, with several national level projects, including delivery of a cyber defence solution for Credit Rating Registrar, National CERT, a unique OT/IT SOC for railway systems, and more.
Rafael is also participating in the NAVDEX 2021 maritime exhibition. Rafael’s naval display will consist of the following:-
- Naval Remote Weapon Station C-UAS: TYPHOON C-UAS Naval Remote Weapon Station – The NRWS C-UAS capitalises on Rafael’s world-renowned, long-standing Typhoon family of combat-proven naval defence solutions.
- Missile Systems: Naval SPIKE – The maritime version of the SPIKE missile; Naval SPIKE ER, and Naval SPIKE NLOS electro-optical, guided missiles with ranges of 10 and 32 km respectively.
- Electronic Warfare: Rafael’s advanced EW solutions include the SEWS-DV, C-GEM C-Pearl DV and the Wizard, supporting all EW related tasks of the modern naval combat vessel.
- Rafael’s Vessel Protection Suite (VPS) is an integrative, networked solution for asymmetric naval warfare against surface and air swarms. The VPS provides multi-layered Soft and Hard Defense (SHD) solutions that include a diverse mix of synchronised smart multi-spectral sensors, weapons and intelligent effectors, managed by a centralised Artificial-Intelligence (AI)-based system incorporating Battle Algorithm (BA) software.
- Coastal Defense Solution: The complete naval solution is based on Rafael’s unique AI capabilities, a wide range of communication systems for voice, video and data, which connect all sensors (stationary, mobile or airborne) and all mobile units to headquarters, over a single, secure network and a central Command and Control system, where all data generated by system elements, including external information systems, is received and processed.