SOFINS 2013-2023 ~ The 6th edition of the unique French exhibition marks 10 years of innovation at the service of Special Forces.
Press Release, Versailles, 01 February 2023 : [auto-translated] The 6th edition of SOFINS, a biennial exhibition dedicated to the Special Forces of the armies, organised by the Cercle de l’Arbalète for the benefit of the Special Operations Command (COS), will bring together from March 28 to 30, 2023 in one secure place, the representatives of the Special Forces of about fifty countries.
For three days, VSEs, SMEs and large industrial groups will meet under the aegis of the Cercle de l’Arbalète in order to offer unique solutions adapted to the needs of Special Operations. This edition also marks the 10th anniversary of its creation in 2013, at the initiative of the COS.
An immersive military show unique in the world: One of the specificities of SOFINS is the ability of visitors to be able to test the equipment and innovations presented in quasi-operational conditions. With 282 exhibitors on 7040 m2 for its 2023 edition, the focus will be on French know-how and innovation.
Among the novelties for 2023:
- a new organisation in three test ‘Villages’ where French Special Forces soldiers and foreign guests can continuously test equipment.
- a new evolution of Softech
But SOFINS is also:
17 start-ups selected by Soflab for the Prix du Cercle, the Prix du GCOS and the Prix Du Guesclin. The Prix Du Guesclin, reserved exclusively for operators of Special Forces and Special Units, consists of combining at least two technologies found at the show.
- A course of excellence to discover the must of the industry at the service of the forces.
- An aquatic area for equipment dedicated to this environment.
- An urban combat demonstration space called BICUB (combat training building in urban areas).
As Benoît de Saint-Sernin reminds us: “Over its five previous editions, SOFINS has demonstrated to what extent the evolution of threats requires the search for new technological solutions to respond to the problems encountered by Special Forces in the field. SOFINS has confirmed beyond all expectations that it offers a very privileged place and moments to reflect and anticipate today the battle in the field, urban infiltration, bacteriological risks and tomorrow digital warfare.
Access to the show is only by accreditation with the Cercle de l’Arbalète and via the official website.
SOFINS 2021 Key Stats:-
- 3500 visitors.
- 253 exhibitors.
- 110 partners.
- 49 foreign Special Forces delegations.
- 95 field equipment tests.
- 5 Special Forces demonstrations and industrial demonstrations.
- 600 business meetings.
- 3 prizes awarded during the ‘Arbalète Lab‘ competition.