Revision Military has been awarded a contract by the Swedish Armed Forces to deliver Military Protective Eyewear Systems – MPES.
Press Release, Vermont, September 2021: Revision Military has been awarded a contract with the Defence Materiel Administration (FMV) of Sweden for Military Protective Eyewear Systems (MPES) for a total validity period of seven (7) years.
The contract was signed in June 2020 and initial product deliveries started to arrive in Sweden in August 2021. The MPES includes rigorous specifications and customisation requirements to suit the needs of the Swedish Armed Forces – including ballistic eyewear, low profile goggles, full coverage goggles, universal prescription carrier and ballistic laser protective lenses to protect against a variety of laser hazards.
Revision partnered with CRD Protection , a privately held Swedish company specialising in protective products, to pursue and secure a contract award with the FMV and assist with contract execution. “Our team is thrilled to be partnered with the Swedish Armed Forces for their MPES contract”, said
Revision CEO, Amy Coyne. “We believe that the FMV has taken a forward-thinking, holistic approach to eye protection, choosing a suite of products and accessories to cover the wide variety of threats their soldiers may face, including advanced laser protection which has proven to be an increasing threat around the globe. We are honoured that the FMV chose Revision.”
Each product was customised to meet FMV requirements, including the national emblem of Sweden, the Three Crowns, on the brow of each eyewear frame. The FMV chose three eyewear platforms for the contract along with the following accessories:
- Sawfly R3 Eyewear System: the next generation of the battle-proven, legacy Sawfly eyewear, featuring upgraded temple arms to improve fit, comfort and retentions, and a revised brow design for improved helmet integration.
- Bullet Ant Goggle System: a dual lens goggle system offering high-impact protection in a slim profile design.
- Wolfspider Goggle System: streamlines size, weight and design for comfort and equipment compatibility without compromising on full coverage ballistic protection.
- Prescription (Rx) Carrier: universal Rx Carrier compatible with SawflyR3, Bullet Ant and Wolfspider, offering a singular solution for correction vision.
- LazrBloc: ballistic and laser protective lenses allow for easy integration of protection against laser hazards into eyewear systems.