Rafael presents a variety of technologies, including a full solution for enhanced 8×8 combat vehicle survivability, manoeuvrability and lethality.
Press Release, September 2020: Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd. is honoured to announce its participation in HEMUS 2020 International Defence and Services Exhibition, September 30 – October 3, and congratulates Bulgaria for holding the exhibition.
At HEMUS 2020, Rafael will exhibit a variety of its solutions, for air, land and naval applications, with special focus on Bulgaria’s defence programmes and requirements. This includes the country’s planned 8×8 combat vehicle programme, offering a complete package of systems to enable and enhance full ground combat vehicle survivability, manoeuvrability and lethality.
With over 70 years of ground-breaking technologies for land, air and naval forces, Rafael provides cutting-edge, life-saving, technological solutions that address the defensive and offensive requirements of the modern battlefield. It has created agreements with over 100 governmental, aviation, space and defence organisations around the world. The company has over 15 years of experience in Production Transfer Programmes (PTP) worldwide. Its PTPs have been implemented successfully at more than 50 overseas companies located in the US, Europe and more. Rafael has over 15 years of successful experience in production and technology transfer programmes, implemented at more than 50 overseas companies located in the US, Europe and other countries.
Rafael is exhibiting the following systems:
- SAMSON Integrated 30mm Remote-Controlled Weapon Station. This is the newest member of RAFAEL’s standard-setting RWS Family, backed by 40 years of successful global experience, and in use by over 10 NATO countries. Benefiting from all the latest improvements and maturation of Rafael’s combat-tested and battle-proven SAMSON systems, the integrated system is designed to mount a 30/40 mm gun and a coaxial 7.62 mm machine gun, fitted on any modern, light-armoured, high-mobility fighting vehicle ‒ new, existing, or upgraded ‒ including 8×8 Infantry Fighting Vehicles (IFVs). The system provides observation and target engagement capabilities with enhanced firing accuracy, and is fully integrated with RAFAEL’s Spike missile dual launcher and other advanced systems including the Fire Weaver, Spike FireFly, Bnet add-on armour and more.
- Fire Weaver ‒ an ultra-smart tactical, networked combat system, that connects, in real-time over any tactical radio, all types of sensors, shooters and BMS, and enables the rapid, simultaneous, and effective closing of a large number of sensor-to-shooter loops
- Spike Missile Family – SPIKE SR, LR/MR, LR2, ER2, NLOS – Multi-platform, precise, multi-purpose tactical missiles, for ranges of 2 km-32 km, with 34 users worldwide and over 33,000 missiles already supplied.
- Spike FireFly – miniature, portable, BLOS (Beyond Line Of Sight), rotored, close-combat loitering munition that meets for mounted and dismounted ground forces
- BNET – new generation Ultra-high Broadband tactical radio on-the-move, based on the patented Multi Frequency-channel reception technology, with
Coming from one design authority, Fire Weaver, BNET, Samson 30 with Spike, and Spike FireFly, will provide the Bulgarian ground forces a holistic, optimal solution for lethality, protection and manoeuvrability.
Rafael will also present its unique 360° multi-layer suite of maritime defence solutions, providing naval forces defence superiority against all modern naval threats, such as naval area defence, swarm attack defence, and torpedo defence, based upon years of experience and operational lessons in various naval arenas and scenarios, and integrating Rafael’s combat-proven technologies in all domains.
In the air defence field, Rafael will present SPYDER SR/MR – a Family of Short and Medium Range Air Defence systems using the i-Derby and Python-5 air-to-air missiles.