The world premiere of a new large-calibre Rheinmetall fighting vehicle is sure to be a major highlight of this year’s Eurosatory expo in Paris.
News Release, Düsseldorf, 02 June 2022: Under the motto ‘Move – Sense – Strike’, at this year’s Eurosatory show in Paris, 13-17 June, Rheinmetall is spotlighting a comprehensive array of its products, systems, and activities for the digitised battlefields of tomorrow. With some 3,000 square metres of exhibition space, this is Rheinmetall’s biggest presence yet at Eurosatory.
The world premiere of a new large-calibre Rheinmetall fighting vehicle is sure to be a major highlight of the show. Designed for dual-capable dominance, the platform sets new standards for situational awareness, networkability, mobility, survivability, and lethality.
Other star attractions in the Rheinmetall line-up include:-
- Rheinmetall Technology Cube: This new tool exploits the latest technologies, e.g., augmented reality, to facilitate dialogue with users and procurement officials during development of next generation fighting vehicles. The aim is to rethink the future together – by integrating new kinds of drives, sensors, and subsystems into fully digitised, scalable vehicle platform concepts.
- Caracal airmobile platform: Together with two acclaimed partners, Rheinmetall has developed a versatile, lightweight, high mobility family of vehicles for airmobile and special operations units.
- High-roof Fuchs/Fox demonstrator: An updated version of the tried-and-tested Fuchs/Fox armoured transport vehicle with an enlarged interior will be on display, configured as an armoured field ambulance.
- Unmanned systems and robotics: In another world first, Rheinmetall is presenting the LUNA NG, a next generation, air-supported platform that can reconnoitre, classify, and recognise objects in real time. Rheinmetall will also be showing how various integrated unmanned air-supported reconnaissance systems can augment the sensor suite of vehicle platforms, significantly enhancing situational awareness. The Robotics-L walking robot and the Mission Master SP and XT models will reveal how robotics is already changing the modern battlefield.
- Loitering Munition: Rheinmetall and its partner UVision have entered a cooperation agreement to market UVision’s Hero family of loitering munitions (LM) in Europe. At Eurosatory, the two companies will be showing possibilities for integrating various Hero LM systems into manned and unmanned vehicles.
- HX3 vehicle family: Rheinmetall’s new generation of HX3 trucks features improved protection, even greater mobility, enhanced driving comfort and digital interface architecture for a more flexible operational spectrum and easy future performance upgrades. At Eurosatory 2022 Rheinmetall is showcasing a wheeled self-propelled howitzer mounted on a high mobility HX 10×10 chassis.
- Air defence: Mobile, modular, and scalable, ground-based air defence systems are gaining new importance now that NATO armed forces are focusing once again on defending national and allied territory and airspace. At Eurosatory, Rheinmetall is displaying a Boxer 8×8 wheeled armoured vehicle configured for an air defence role, topped with the Skyranger 30 turret and an integrated surface-to-air missile launcher.
- Force protection: Rheinmetall’s comprehensive expertise in the field of force protection ranges from individual passive ballistic solutions to advanced stand-off active protection systems for combat vehicles. Visitors to Eurosatory 2022 can inspect Rheinmetall’s StrikeShield, an integrated hybrid module for vehicles that combines active and passive protection technology.
- Digitised battlefield: As a leading systems integrator, Rheinmetall possesses all the knowledge necessary for networking various entities on the digital battlefield of the future. At Eurosatory 2022, Rheinmetall will show how the interplay of sensors, effectors and human-machine interfaces can lift the “fog of war”. Rheinmetall will also be showcasing the current configuration of its Gladius 2.0 soldier system and how it can be networked with manned and unmanned vehicles and subsystems.
At Eurosatory 2022, furthermore Rheinmetall will be presenting its comprehensive expertise in practically every other capability category. These include weapons and ammunition for threat-commensurate, scalable application of force as well as innovative, networkable sensor systems for applications on land, at sea and in the air, in addition to high-performance simulation technology for top-of-the-line training.